Field Trips are a great way to keep your students active during the winter months with an educational aspect added to it. Hidden Valley offers exciting field trip programs for grades 5 through 12 only.
MAKING A RESERVATION
- Field Trip Requirements - Field Trip rates require a minimum of 10 paying participants. Reservations must be made at least 7 days in advance from visit date.
- Balance will be due at check in with one form of payment. Hidden Valley accepts cash, School or Organizational check, Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express.
After your reservation is made, you will receive a confirmation via email outlining the details of your trip. Once the season has begun you will receive a Guidebook with information for both the Group Leader AND the Group Members. The Hidden Valley Group Staff will be available anytime throughout this process to assist you with any questions or concerns you many have.
Personal Food Items: You are welcome to bring personal food and beverage items from home. However, the lodge is reserved for restaurant patrons. We ask that no coolers or personal food and beverages items be stored and/or consumed in the lodge. As an alternative, personal items may by enjoyed out on the patio. We appreciate your cooperation!
2017/2018 SCHOOL FIELD TRIPS
- Field Trips are available Tuesday – Friday starting Tuesday, January 2nd 2018 and run through early March. Excluding the following dates; 1/12, 1/16, 2/16, 2/20
- We have 2 start times available 9am & 9:45am
- Cost includes Lift Ticket, Ski Rental Equipment, Lesson, & Lunch
- Lift Tickets are valid until 4pm.
- Schools may arrive as early as 8:45am and upgrades are available for individuals who wish to stay past 4pm.
The skier is a beginner and will stay in the designated beginner area. He/she will have access to the beginner hills and rope tows. This skier may have skied 0-5 times
Skier is required to take a refresher lesson before proceeding to the intermediate area. They are paying the $17.00 field trip fee AND purchasing the optional upgraded "all slope" ticket for an additional $10.00 ($27 total).
He/she will have access to the entire area minus the expansion side after lessons. This person may have skied 5+ times and has had experience loading and unloading a chairlift. Skier must have proper parental signature/verification on rental form.
Afternoon Upgrade - Must be purchased before 1:00pm
Non-Skiing Chaperone Lunch
Hidden Valley public weekday hours begin at 1:00pm. Field Trip Groups will still have access to the slopes but with limited terrain open.
Hidden Valley reserves the right to revoke an upgraded chairlift pass if it is demonstrated that an individual is not experienced enough to properly load or unload a chairlift and/or observe their responsibility code. Please be aware that no refunds will be given in such a case. SKI SAFE!
As always, daily weather and snow conditions determine which trails/lifts will be open.
IMPORTANT FIELD TRIP INFORMATION
- The Field Trip Program is designed for schools only. If you are unsure whether or not you qualify for Field Trip rates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lessons are required for all Field Trips. This is a skiing program only, no snowboarding in this time. Should a student wish to snowboard they may purchase a regular lift ticket when we open to the public at 1:00pm and switch their rental equipment then.
- Hidden Valley has the discretion to limit your number of chaperones if we feel that your chaperone to student ratio is unacceptable. This field trip is for the children and an excess of outside chaperones can take away from their experience. Our suggested ratio is 1:10
- Non-Skiing Chaperones along with Teacher/Field Trip Leader do not count towards the Chaperone limit. Non-skiing chaperones please keep off the snow in the skiing zones – stay to the side behind the orange fence or on the patio outside the lodge – even for picture taking!
- Siblings of the school children coming are not permitted to join the group. Both (on snow) skiing chaperones and non-skiing (in lodge) chaperones are needed to help your outing run smoothly.
SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENTS
Hidden Valley is able to accommodate most special needs students and partners with the Disabled Athletes Sports Association for equipment and experienced instructors. Please email email@example.com at least two weeks before your scheduled date with information on the needs of the student.
Parents are able to join the field trip program after 11:30am when the student lessons are complete. The field trip coordinator must give a list of parents to the Hidden Valley Group Office before tickets are able to be purchased. Tickets are available for purchase for $47 between 11:30am and 1:00pm.
Please note: this is a skiing program only, no snowboarding will be allowed on the slopes until after 1:00pm
CANCELLATION & RESCHEDULING POLICY
Should the need arise to cancel or reschedule your Field Trip, a phone call or email must be made to Hidden Valley no later than 8pm the day before your scheduled visit. We understand certain circumstances arise causing groups to reschedule, however we need time to make adjustments as well.
To cancel or reschedule your group, call (636) 938 5373 ext 3302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Although every precaution is taken to ensure accuracy, errors or misunderstandings in price, quantity, and/or specifications may occur. We reserve the right to correct such errors. All times and prices are subject to change without notice. Rental equipment and snow tubes are subject to availability (first come, first serve) and cannot be reserved. ALL ticket sales are final. No refunds due to weather or slope conditions. Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and Organizational Checks (reserved groups only) are accepted. Tickets are NOT replaceable if lost, NON-transferable, and NON- refundable. If an individual is caught without a ticket, the individual(s) will be required to pay the full price of a Lift Ticket, plus a $50 admin fee. If the offending individual(s) do not comply with this policy, they will be retained until the police arrived and are processed for "theft of service."